Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dressmaking

I discovered a gem of a book at my public library about a year ago. It is by Helen Tanous.  It was first written in the fifties, and it gives step by step instructions on how to draft a simple pattern and then how to alter the pattern to get the design that you want. If you can't find it at your library, it is available used on Amazon.

It is aimed at fifties fashions but still relevant.

I have made several of these simple dresses from the pattern that I drafted.  The fabric is organic cotton purchased at Momen+ in Torrance - probably the best fabric store for cottons in Los Angeles.  Look it up if you are in the area.  It is also by a great bakery. Fabric and cupcakes just go together!

Now if I could just conquer pants!



No comments:

Post a Comment